Quote:

Don't we have trees in the US to make guitars from? One luthier here in town goes to North Carolina somewhere to buy a tree every other year or so with an eye on 10 years into the future when that tree will be ready to use. I know we don't grow those exotic hardwoods, but man, if they are going to cause problems let's find American solutions.

I have a "Wish" fretless Hyperbass* that I used to use as my avatar.** It is made by Steve Wishnevsky*** in North Carolina exclusively of U.S. tonewoods, with the possible exception of a layer of purpleheart sandwiched into the body. (I could be wrong on that.) The fingerboard is persimmon, which he refers to as "American ebony." It is a unique grayish color. The neck and body are persimmon(!), mahogany, and maple. The bridge and nut are Corian--yup, Countertops R Us. I may replace the bridge with a Badass or some such, but it will be of U.S. manufacture.

*Now "Hipper" bass--trademark thing with Zon musical instruments.
**And will again, if I ever figure out how to post images to this site, which has become ridiculously difficult.
***wishbass.com. You should see his site. He has a rather unique approach to luthiery and marketing.

Last edited by Ryszard; 08/31/11 09:58 PM.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."