I have to say Bob I'm trying to keep a neutral attitude about this because in my work I've been involved in several federal court cases and I know how complex they can be. The issues are not as simple as some of these articles would lead you to believe. It sucks but to say that "so and so is doing the same thing and he's not being prosecuted!" doesn't get you off the hook. They may or may not go after the other guy when they're finished with you.

Having said that I don't like what I'm reading at all. I read the WSJ article and others and it sure looks like regulations run amok. Maybe if there's enough publicity about this the feds will be forced to drop it as long as it really is just a ticky tack technicality and not blatent illegal importation of the wood. Sort of like what the TSA was forced to do after that poor woman was stipped searched because she had just been discharged from the hospital with some metal in her chest after a mastectomy operation. It took a few months but TSA changed their rules.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.