There's so many ways to spin this guys. I'm just trying to be logical here and look at what info that is available to us. First the DOJ is barred by law from commenting on an ongoing investigation so we have no idea what they've actually found or haven't found at this point beyond what's in the affidavit.

Our system is an investigator has to show enough evidence ie "probable cause" to convince a federal judge to sign off on the warrant. That by itself is damning but certainly doesn't guarantee a conviction. I don't know the stats but tv shows and a few sensational cases notwithstanding, the DOJ has a very high success rate with these things which is what we as citizens want to see with our tax money. This could easily be the first of many prosecutions, give it time. Martin could well be next if there's evidence. Again, I'm not saying the Lacey Act is the greatest thing since sliced bread, I'm only saying Gibson should know all about it and the facts as laid out by the investigator doesn't look too good to me. You have to play by the rules as they are. And, it's easy to say witch hunt and all that but that affidavit is a federal court document. If that investigator lied in order to get a warrant, that by itself would land him in jail so you have to give that affidavit some weight and not just dismiss it out of hand until it's proven otherwise.

Eddie, if you were under investigation for something and you knew the whole thing was bogus, wouldn't you be arguing the facts not just blowing smoke? I sure would. This is like what I just heard about the NY Times going after Congressman Issa yesterday. Apparently they got their facts completely wrong and Issa has proven it by releasing some documents and the San Diego Tribune released a video showing the NY Times description of his offices overlooking a golf course when they actually overlook the freeway implying that he's some fat cat getting rich off his position as completely bogus too. That's what you do, go on offense and shoot that crap down right now not just dance around the issue like Gibson is doing.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.