And to that Scott, I say "so what?". What's that got to do with what the investigator uncovered? Have you not yet read the probable cause affidavit? If not then click on the link and read it.

Think back to the Watergate affair and the resignation of Nixon. I was a few years out of the Air Force then and living in the DC area. I was convinced that the whole thing was a political witchhunt too. The Washington Post was a left wing hit squad and all that good stuff. Well, guess what it may have started out as a left wing hit job but they found the witch didn't they? That case caused me to be a bit more even handed with these things and to not jump too high to conclusions.

If you want to assume this is a vendetta great, lets say it is. Lets say the AG actually went all the way down to the ICE unit handling these things and he told them to target Gibson because he has a good source of information about it. So then the wheels of the DOJ start turning and the raid based on this probable cause affidavit is the result. Are you saying all that evidence is bogus, that since this is nothing more than a political vendetta that the investigator, his superiors and assistants are all conspirators in a plot to bring down Gibson? Somehow those Customs documents are forgeries too? Where have we seen that argument before? The OJ trial. A "downtown" LA jury found OJ innocent because they believed Furhman, all the investigators, the CSI crime lab and everybody else all conspired to falsify evidence in order to frame OJ. Are you saying that is what's happening here with Gibson? That all those people are falsifying evidence?

If that's not what you're saying then if the evidence shows Gibson did in fact falsify declarations on Customs documents then Soros found his witch too, didn't he? I don't like his motives, I can't stand his politics but if the evidence is there, then that's it isn't it? At least for now of course. This is only in the investigation stage, nobody's been convicted yet. It may be dropped because Gibson has a good explanation for what's on those customs documents. It's just that this seems pretty simple to me. Either those declarations are correct or not. If they're correct this could be cleared up in a day but if not then it's time for lots of smoke.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.