That quote is old David, nothing new has been announced since the raid.

That quote isn't really the point anyway. Find my posts a few pages up in this thread where I posted a link to the affidavit used by the investigator to show to a federal judge in order to get the probable cause warrant. The issue is falsifying official and very legal US Customs import documents. I'm not going to reiterate all that again, just read it. Since then I've seen several interviews with whats-his-name from Gibson. He's been on CNN, Hannity and one of the morning talk shows plus he's given interviews with the LA Times, Fox and a few more. Nobody including him has mentioned those Customs docs, all they talk about is what I've been calling smoke. Obama is trying to ship US jobs to India, blah, blah. All politics. No actual details of the warrant.

On the one hand I completely agree this raid shouldn't have happened, I think the tree hugging "save the forrest" stuff is mostly crap. Still, just like all the drug laws I don't agree with either (all that should be legal imho) we all know if you mess with drugs above simple low level possession and get caught you're gone for a very long time. Same here. Deliberately falsifying Customs forms is a felony, you can get five years for it depending on what's being smuggled plus a very big fine. A guy here at LAX recently got 3 years hard time for trying to smuggle in some protected parrots and declaring them to be something else.

Gibson knew those laws intimately because it's their business to know. If they did nothing wrong, the details of those Customs forms would have been talked about during those interviews yet it wasn't. What does that tell you?

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.