Quote:

Really? What's the source for that?

Whoa Bob, ………………………that almost sounds like you’re suggesting I made it up! I guess it’s a good thing I was able to find the article this morning.

Quote:

There was a discrepancy in the import of this latest shipment of wood. It was listed with an improper tariff code, which the importer, Luthiers Mercantile International of Windsor, Calif., claimed was a clerical error by a junior employee and tried to clear up. But rather than talk to the importer and Gibson about it, the Justice Department dispatched U.S. Fish and Wildlife and DHS agents to raid the Gibson compounds.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/07/does-white-house-want-to-ship-jobs-overseas/

You said early on that no one should even be commenting about this unless they’ve read the 31 page affidavit, and I read it so I’d meet your requirements to speak. Should we now start submitting “drafts” of our proposed comments to you for approval prior to posting?

Or is it okay for the rest of us to have opinions that are different from yours on this topic?

In Gibson’s case, there are other companies involved in each stage of the process, and each one fills out their own paperwork. It’s not Gibson’s fault if someone else screws up a form.

This could have been easily handled by the Feds if they’d wanted to, but they chose the heavy handed approach and are wasting millions of taxpayer dollars in what appears to be a vendetta against Gibson. They couldn’t prosecute Gibson after the first raid, so they jumped on what they thought was a “gotcha” moment and raided them again.

Shame on the Feds, ……not Gibson.