Sorry about that Bob, no I wasn't implying you made it up. This is an example of what I just said, the media is not looking at the affadavit and putting these statements through that filter. There was a discrepency in the import... Damn right there was. The investigator says that "discrepency" was falsification of the Customs forms. All the reporter had to ask Luthier is something like "the probable cause affidavit says this, what about it, can we go over that part of it?" There's no mention of that in the Fox article. That quote implies the reporter just accepted Luthiers statement at face value and doesn't even know about the affidavit because if he did he surely would have asked about it don't you think? How many times have we critized reporters on one side of the political divide or the other for not asking detailed questions with followup?

Of course we all have different opinions on this. I just wish you and others would argue where I may be wrong according to the law, not whether you agree with the raid itself or not. I've already said I think this whole thing sucks and in that I completely agree with you but the law is the law. Try pointing out where the investigator is wrong in his analysis about illegal declarations on those Customs docs.

As I said earlier you probably agree that ICE should be enforcing immigration laws, right? Well this is also ICE. They souldn't be enforcing these laws? That's all I'm saying.

Interpritation of the law is nothing but technicalities. Here's the latest one:

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/09/1...test=latestnews

A PhD candidate college student is now on the hook for $675,000 for illegal downloading of music. How sucky is that? It's the law and it is what it is. I'll bet a lot of us don't agree with that one either.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.