Tono (and EVERYBODY else who's reading!),

I have a movie recommendation with a tie in, my 3rd favorite all-time movie!

"The Best Years of Our Lives" from 1946 won 7 Oscars, including "Best Picture". It is universally considered one of the 100 greatest American films ever made.

Though it's an old movie, the story is incredible, and still packs a punch. Ironically, it's very timely, now, at this moment in American history. (The story is set at the close of World War II.)

Without giving anything away, one of the actors received 2 Oscars for the same performance (the only time in Academy Award history).

Be forewarned, there are no fantastic special effects or big explosions. It won't matter. You'll get sucked into the story. The people seem real, not like actors acting.

It's unlikely that you will ever think of the so-called "Greatest Generation" of Americans in the same way again, after seeing this film.

"The Best Years of Our Lives" is more than a movie; it's a work of art!

The tie in?

The local bar (joint) owner, "Butch" is played by Hoagy Carmichael.

This is your chance to see the guy that wrote "Georgia on My Mind", "Stardust", "Skylark", "The Nearness of You", "(Up a) Lazy River", and "Heart and Soul" in action!

"Butch" plays "(Up a) Lazy River" and "Among My Souvenirs", among others, on the piano!!!