I own Reaper 4.02, sonar X1, Cakewalk MC5, Powetracks 11, Biab 2011.5 with RB, ansd Multitrackstudio 5.0. They all work, each has different twist. I can do almost anything that Sonar and Reaper can do in RB, and many things they can't. Both Sonar and Reaper have a real deep feature set, and one leans one way, the other another way. Reaper tends to tout having a gazillion customer defined options in the way the mouse clicks work, and the way each feature is structured, plus a very flexable routing system. Sonar has deeper and richer midi tools, and a more conventional routing system. RB on the other hand has all the basic tools, and then some, plus the BiaB generation tool set.

A lot of cool stuff to use. For me i like to build backing tracks to play over in RB, original material in BiaB, and route through Sonar. (Sorry Reaper nuts, i find Sonar just a tad better for my workflow.) I have to hunt down features in Reaper that i know where they are in Sonar. BiaB, RB, and Sonar work well for me. sonar gives me a Synth rich environment that works with so many synths that RB stumbles a bit on.

Last edited by Robh; 09/20/11 02:49 PM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.