And on topic, I had a Wurly piano, black plastic with screw on chrome legs. I think it had a volume and another knob that did a feedback thing. I bought it and carted it to a house in a bush camp I worked in for 6 years. 500 guys in a bunch of bunkhouses, the staff in ranch style houses, and at the end over looking a falls on the White Otter River I had a 3 bedroom house, complete with visiting bears. One day, while playing at the wurly, the youngest boy comes in and says, "Dad there's a 30 foot bear at the back door...", I said, "sure son," and kept playing. I hear a noise and go look and a bear is at the door, paw through the screen. Used an old 303 Enfield and the bear was dispatched. I had already hit it with a paint marker for bothering the camp and had permission to shoot.

You never want to hear the noise made by a dying bear, shot right in the heart, broken leg, turned around for about 10 seconds crying, and dropped. I got her in the back of the pickup and was going to take her to the taxidermist, but about 1/2 hour later there is a yearling cub standing beside her in the truck. The guy got a 2 for that day.

That piano played in a country band or 3, all the local bands were country. I did a celtic set one time and was told to get back to country.

Johnny Cash, Johnny Paycheck and a whole bunch of french canadian artists you'd never know.

Lots of memories in that old piano.

There were 2 mines there, and if you dropped it down the shafts you'd get an a flat minor.

John Conley
Musica est vita