I set it up as the manual says, and so far it works. it is different from what i am used to. When i use my M audio card i can chose from stereo or mono tracks and i get the sound in both sides of my head phones, with either one. This is because the M-Audio 24/96 card uses delta 1/2 for it's default input. I have to split them to get separate tracks, and i never have really done that.

With the Tascam 800, i seem to always get a mono signal that comes out of one side of the headphone. I can't seem to get RB to record on two separate tracks. I set two up for recording, but all i get is both signals on one track one in the let and the other on the right half.

Now i tried it in four other DAW packages, and go varied results, as follows:

1. Sonar, can't record as Tascam is grayed out.

2. Cakewalk MC5 sees the Tascam properly, but did not want to allow the tracks to inputed properly

3. Multitrackstudio, opens and automatically assigns the inputs to each track in order, but seems to be a bit shakey using the Tascam, and the timeline display is jittery. Also it crackles a bit on playback. I need to experiment with buffering settings.

4. Reaper can be setup to receive input from what ever input i want, and i can record and playback nicely.

I am so comfortable with my M-Audio 24/96 card i am thinking of just continuing with it, unless i need to breakout the Tascam if friends come over to record.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.