Greetings, everyone!

After 16 long days in the hospital at Northside in Atlanta Georgia I am now home.

I have been diagnosed with Stage 4, Large Cell Carcinoma, left lung. The course of treatment will be chemotherapy and radiation. No surgery has been mentioned yet because of the size of the cancer.

I am on oxygen 24/7 and I have to move slowly through the house. I go to see my oncologist for the first time on Monday.

My sister is currently visiting with us and is being a big help to my wife. My wife was scheduled to have her first knee replacement on the 24th of October, but that will be postponed changed now, I am sure.

I am in good spirits --- especially after getting out of the hospital. I sat up all the way home without having to lay down for the 100 mile trip. I am in no pain. At night it seems I hurt a little bit. I’m on blood thinners, prednisone, Percoset for pain and I have to give myself a shot everyday in the abdomen just under the skin for helping protect me against blood clots ( a major concern right now ).

Northside Hospital in Atlanta treated me so wonderfully. I’ve never gotten such great service from a hospital. They were there for me anytime I needed anything. And they allowed Paule to even stay with me during my tenure through ICU. They provided her a bed and provided her with healthy meals, snacks, diet cokes, and ice anytime day or night we asked for it. I cannot express how GOOD GOOD GOOD they were to both of us. They were wonderful.

I have cancer, but cancer ain’t got me!!!!!

Doctors are wonderful, but I know the Great Physician. And I know with Him, anything is possible. We lean on Him now more than ever. And your prayers will keep us strong and in good spirits and help us to stay focused on the Almighty One. He can deliver. We serve a great big wonderful God. Never under-estimate him. I certainly don’t. I want to be able to sing and play piano again and make recordings for others to enjoy and still be used of the Lord.

Keep us in your thoughts and prayers!! Prayer changes things!!!

Ray Thigpen
rthigpen@windstream.net