Time to ressurect this thread. I let it die because there was nothing else to talk about without some new developments. Check this out:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2011/12/sec-fannie-mae-freddie-mac.html

I had no idea the feds were working on this but I sure was hoping they were. This should make the protesters somewhat happy and validates my point earlier that they've been protesting the wrong places. There's certainly plenty of corruption on Wall Street but there's lots of honest WS exec's, hedge fund managers and bankers who should be able to trust what government agencies say concerning these matters. When they're blatently lied to by these FannyMae and FreddieMac exec's what are they supposed to do when they're being unfairly blamed for this mess? The ratings agencies S&P and Moody's have been unfairly blamed too but what was the source of their information? Yep, mostly these two agencies. Imagine a pyramid where these two agencies are at the top and all the analysis that goes on below them is through the filter of the information they give out. Then go back and research what the Congressional finance commitees were telling these two agencies 5-10 years ago and then get an idea about who's really responsible for this mess.

This new development is great and I hope it's not the last indictments, but merely the first.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.