Quote:

So if I am following what you want to do is:

1. Use BIAB as your live accompnient.
2. Have it drive the harmony notes that the VLT will create.

Is that correct? I assume that you are trying to do this with the MP3 aux on the back and feeding an audio signal or are you trying to feed it midi?

I thought on the TC products you could set the scale and feed it any MP3 or audio track and get it to recognize and produce melody.

Thanks,

Terry

You got it right with items 1 and 2.

However, while the VLT is very versitile and has multiple options for inputs to drive harmony, I wanted what I felt would be the best input option, MIDI from BIAB. Heck, BIAB has a feature specifically for this exact purpose where it outputs midi triads and simple extensions to drive vocal harmonizers. And since the VLT is the Sound Device, I selected to input the MIDI to the VLT via the USB.

In my mind the VLT is not limiting me at all, it is just the hoops I have to jump through to work with BIAB in this circumstance. My arrangementss are already fully arranged BIAB backings which I have used for several years - having to make significant changes to redo the arrangemetns to work with the VLT is not what I expected nor what I want to do, but alas....

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper