Checked forums- I've noticed that when mixing (MIDI channels using the realband mixer) that track volumes never do "return" to peak loudness (127) when pushed up after lowering volume slider, even though the channel says it's a t 127. EXAMPLE: Set up a MIDI song (doesn't matter) Grab a channel in the mixer (or for that matter on the channel strip) lower it and , in my case although the slider can be pushed back up to max, the volume on the VST never returns to max, only about 80%. I can graphicly see this, say I'm using Hypersonic as my VST, I can watch,even though i start out a channel on Hypersonic at max, when i use the realband mixer to adjust the volume down and then back up, Hypersonics volums follows the realband mixer down and back up to about 80% and then does not go any further even though i've maxed out the slider in the realband mixer. This happens on any channel. My thought is that the control #'s are not tracking or matching up correctly, but have no idea why this would be happening. just curious if any else has seen signs of this, as it makes mixing pretty well impossible. Doesn't seem to matter which VST I use.
While I'm here- the "boost" dialog on each channel, when changed, seems to affect EVERY channel that is using the same VST for a sound source. I'm assuming this is supposed to happen,I would think it would boost the individual channel, regardless of connection, to be really an effective tool. EDIT/ADDED Goofed around a bit more and discovered that the MASTER VOLUME in the tool bar seems to have to be at 100% for the individual sliders to return to max. Say I have the MASTER VOLUME (in the toolbar) at 75%. Seems that if the original track volume is above that when the song starts it's O.K. but if you tweak the volume below that of the MASTER, it will not agasin go above the MASTER setting.That does "solve" my issue,but is this a normal function?

Last edited by bob1474; 10/29/11 09:10 AM.