Hey rharv, I would love to take you up on that offer, but after looking at the 50's again I see they got the same oval ear cups the 40fs have, which I find very uncomfortable after an hour or so. This is where the AKG240s shine, super comfortable but the lows are pretty heavy IMHO...

Overall I feel the reason folks don't like the M40fs are because they are flat, not hyped to make the music sound good. These are the first headphones that I can really hear reverb tails on, something that I just don't have an ear for...the mid-range is very accurate to my ear, making vocals & acoustic guitars a lot easier to blend.

It took me close to 2 months to get adjusted to them, listening to commercial CD's an hour or so a day. Now that I have got use to them things are turning out a lot better than when I used the Koss UR-15 (just like carkins has) or AKG240's with my Behringer MS-16's.

And this is an IMHO, YMMV, yada yada type of post, after all everyone hears things differently....

i5 3.20GHz, 32gb RAM, 1tb SSD OS, 12tb HDD, 4gb gForce vid card, 32" monitor, Audient id44, Win10 x64, BiaB/RB 2023, Reaper 6,IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX, Waves 10