rharv: To answer your question about doing a mix -- no, I really haven't started a mix from scratch with the 40fs' yet. I'll be spending most of January "re-mixing" with some re-recording (plus I have two songs with no vocals/my guitars yet -- just BIAB tracks). I think the 40's will be OK, just got to get used to them. Now, the sennheiser hd280's are on sale at Amazon for $75 and a local store has them for $79. I might pick up a pair today and decide over the next couple of weeks which one to keep. Of course trading the 40's for the 50's is tempting -- but it would feel like stealing since the 50's are $150 everywhere.

flatfoot and sundance (and everyone else): Thanks for chiming in. It might be I just need to get used to them. Of course, maybe the sound "quality" on these 40's are different than other 40's. Hard to know.

Everyone's ears are different. If you ever read through review after review comparing headphones, you will soon find out that all the main headphones have their fans and their detractors.

Thanks,

Kevin

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud