I replaced my AKG Headphone in 2009. I used to have the model with 4 transducers and very flat response. They were over $200. I couldn't afford them and the flat response was no longer an asset for me. At my age, after years of Marshall Stacks and many gigs that were way to loud my hearing is impaired. I was EQing my stuff with too much Highs and way too much Lows.
I switched to a Sennheiser HeadPhone that was about 50-60 dollars. They colored the sound but made up for my hearing loss. My mixes didn't have to be redone everytime I popped a CD into my portable or anything else. I lost these in the recent flood now and they don't make this model anymore anyway. So I'm at a loss for what to get. I really loved the Sennheiser's for mixing, recording and listening. And I'm pretty sure I can get by on a set that's under $100. My days of 1-2 hundred dollar items are gone.

I did finally replace my Guitar Amp, with a Fender Mustang I, and it's one of the best amps I've ever owned. It makes my Strat sound like My good old Tele and more.

Wayne, Still here,