Up here we try NOT to catch the catfish.. never understood the draw to those things.

Much prefer a nice Musky or Pike for a fight.. and walleye and bass for eating. An occasional perch or salmon fits in nicely too. Seems the carp are replacing the cats more and more every year anyway, at least up around the Great Lakes.
They have opened the sturgeon fishing up again in these parts. They stopped it for a while because they were disappearing, guess they are rebounding now. Can't keep them under 52" or so. My brother dives once in a while and tells me he saw one in some rock outcroppings that was bigger than he was. He had the same reaction Mac had to that catfish- get some distance between.
Back in Illinois (Rock Cut State Park) I hooked a huge cat that pulled me around in my boat for a couple hours. I just let him pull me around the whole lake as I wasn't making any headway getting him up from the bottom. He finally got the line under a fallen tree with him on one side and me on the other in about 6' of water.. that's when I cut the line and went home with nothing but a memory.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome