Okay, plugged up the second MOTU, ran it's config panel, set it up to turn on the ins and outs, started Real Band and now I have MOTU-A and MOTU-B, each with 8 ins and outs and I can send 16 outs to my mixer, mix in my mixer, EQ, add offline effects... and then send the final product into Adobe Audition to record it.

Everybody had GREAT input as I walked this path. I would have found, but not known to look for, the fact that I need to pan hard left to assign to the odd channel and hard right to assign to the even channel without Mr Silvertones. Scott and Harv we also quite helpful as I investigated.

Took some doing and a lot of anxiety but I just came downstairs from watching the lights on both MOTUs flicker as data went through the channel. I wrote an 8 bar drum beat and copied it to 16 tracks, 1-8 on track one, 9-16 on track 2, etc, assigned it to different outs.... and watched it run, all while watching the purdy green lights flash as track after track played through the right channel.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.