Seems like this question has been coming up for several years now, but not much effort has been expended by PGMusic to implement this badly needed feature. Can anyone tell me whether MusicXML format is supported now in the 2012 BIAB or RealBand?

It's great to create music in BIAB, but trying to control the output like for printed leadsheets, chord box-charts, etc. is something BIAB will never be able to please everyone with. Being able to export in MusicXML format would really solve the problem since there are several good editors available that can do a much better job of laying out desired formatting. So many things like being able to create custom guitar chord charts for each song are sorely needed in BIAB, but it will be years before BIAB can add all of these things.

Likewise, I often can get music captured with something like PowerTab, which can export MusicXML, but there is no way other than manually re-entering this into BIAB, each note and chord.

I think I'm going to pass on my "annual" upgrade this year since without MusicXML, BIAB is getting more and more difficult to interface into my other tools. If BIAB were to focus on what it does well, and not try to provide all the "extra" stuff in a proprietary format, it would work a lot better for me.

Then again, PG may have added MusicXML support and not listed it in the "50 new improvements" area.

Wishin' and hopin' and prayin'