(the following applies to BBRemote (for Iphone/Android), but also applies to Band-in-a-Box for iPhone/Android)

BBRemote is the application for iPhone and Android that functions as a remote control, so that you can control your desktop version of Windows BIAB from the iPhone, iPad or Android, allowing you to, for example, stay seated at the piano, or at the music stand, without needing to be near the PC.

It normally works in a "home" envoirnment, where you have a home network, router and WiFi. In this case, it all works seemlessly, as the iPhone finds the desktop version.

But what if you don't have a router, or Internet available. Can you still hook up the remote to work with BB Desktop... the answer is YES, and the details are below.

===========================
You can connect your iPhone to your PC, wirelessly, and fully use the BBREmote and BB for iPhone app, even if you don't have Internet, and don't have a router. Prior to posting this, I tried it out and it works great.

To be clear, we are talking about a situation where all you have is a PC, and an iPhone. No internet, no wifi, no cable, no router or network available. Just you and the iPhone, on a desert island <G>.

IMPORTANT: This example is applicable only in situations where you DON'T have Wifi, LAN available. If you do have LAN, and WiFI, skip this whole thing, as there'd be no point in setting up an ad-hoc.

Aside from people who don't have a router or Interet, this would be a useful application if you were at a gig, and wanted to use BB Remote to load your songs from and generally control your PC, so that you could see the chords as they play, and not be looking at a big PC. Or maybe you want to look at the notebook screen, and the guitar player wants to look at the iPad screen for chords.

To do this, you need to set up an ad-hoc network, find the IP of your PC, and type that IP into the BB Remote program. I'll post info on how to do that in the Tips-n-Tricks section. There's lots available on the Internet about setting up ad-hoc networks, and the procedure differs on Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7.

I'll post the details on how to create an ad-hoc network, and hook it up to BBRemote, in the next message in this thread...

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.