Quote:

ok guy's thanks again with the help....so let's say i go shopping at musicians friend or sweetwater music on the internet and i'm shopping for audio/midi interface as Brian mentioned above...it should tell me in the description of the unit if it has a ASIO driver in it correct?..

You most likely will not find ASIO in the product desription. However most pro audio interfaces all have ASIO drivers. You can download the manuals for most equipment and read all about installing the drivers. It is usually found in the control panel description of the driver. Speaking of drivers make sure there is 64 bit drivers as well as 32 bit. I don't know what your computer is running 32bit or 64 bit.
Quote:

as far as my needs....i might want to get as many inputs as i can afford because even if i don't use them now.....down the line i may need them i'm kinda thinking..

i think what i would love to do first when i finish these midi's and start building my songs is

1. would love to be able to add some guitar parts with amplitube 3 to my work in BIAB

2. i have a GR-33 Guitar synth i would like to add horn parts and stuff to some of my work.

3 would like to get a harmony vocal machine....and add some backup and harmony vocals to my work

i think someone mentioned my speaker set up....i have a stereo sound set up from logitech corp....i have a small subwoofer...and a pair of logitech speakers that offer high's and mids...they sound really good..

cajun

TASCAM US-800 USB AUDIO/MIDI INTERFACE is on sale for 99 has the most inputs for the dollar right now I think. I have no experience with this one but I know some other users can chime in on this one.
M-Audio Fast Track is another good one but more expensive and less inputs.
Both of these have MIDI since you want to record your GR-33. I sold my GR-33 and bought a GR-55 by the way.
If you are recording just the audio of the GR-33 then you don't need MIDI but if you plan on recording the MIDI output you do. Also since you are talking a harmony vocal machine most of them can be controlled by MIDI so I would make sure you have that capability. There are plenty of users here that can give some good advice on a what ever you are looking at to buy. Take Bob's advice and look over the features and study and compare and what your needs are.
Good Luck & Merry Christmas my friend
Brian

BIAB 2024 Ultrapack- Studio One Pro 6.5 Windows 10