Not exactly replace, it's the SD-50. Good sounds without the SC's extra stuff like a mic input, amp modelling for your guitar and a few other things. I have an SC and I like the sounds too and I've heard a lot of Ketron demos and it sounds good as well but my new Kurzweil PC3 blows both of them away.

The point of this thread is midi is whatever you use with it. This is not for you John, it's for some in this thread who don't have a clue what midi is.

Biab, Real Band, Sonar and all the other music programs have no midi sounds of their own. Repeat, NO MIDI SOUNDS OF THEIR OWN. Good midi sounds is simply a matter of money, that's it. Don't think that great studio quality sounds are going to come from a .99c chip that's put onto your motherboard in China. $40 up to $400 for the Ketron or used Sonic Cell or other module on up to the sky's the limit like my PC3 ($1,999 on sale now), the Yamaha Tyros 4, or to really blow you away the brand new Korg Kronos. Only $4,000 for the last two. Plug in those to your PC and hit play on Biab and see what happens. No more complaints about crappy midi sounds.

The big name soft synths are also pretty good but require some knowledge to get set up properly and even though I have a lot of them, I've gravitated back to hardware. Other experienced users have talked about how they've come to that same conclusion too. Unless you're really just short of cash, don't waste time, this is a worthwhile hobby that is worth some minimal investment. Try out the free demo of the Forte Dxi but then just spend the $400 for a good hardware module and go from there. It will save you about a year of breaking your head about finding quality midi sounds for cheap or free. I don't have time for that crap.

Biab is a starting point, a tool with a lot of good stuff included but after you've worked your way through that and want more, time to do some research, go to midi school and open up the old wallet.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.