Bob, you make compelling points about midi. I do use and will continue to use midi, as RTs as good as they can sound can not match the flexibility, and ease of midi. Having said that midi will never sound as real. I have tweaked and tweaked, for hours, and some things do not work well in midi. Hidden in the backing tracks it can get you by. But your example, while very well done, and very effective, is still midi sounding.

While I would never suggest someone scrap midi for RTs, a couple well designed out RTs in a midi track bed can make a song come to life. I take the tracks that are the most "Midish" and replace them, and i find magic at times. strumming guitar, guitar solos, rockin' piano tracks, harmonica, and such. just a taste can make you go wow, now that sound REAL!

When you posted your tracks, and then Peter posted his. I gotta say his kicked your tracks #%& No offense meant but his was live. I can see adding some really cool horns to his would be fun it lacked that, but yours lacked dynamics that the RTs gave.

Last edited by Robh; 12/25/11 11:08 AM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.