Been reading this thread for a while now, & am amazed at how passionate some of the responses are.

IMHO Notes has it right on the head - YMMV - use the software your way for your kind of music.

I personally use MIDI the same way that Notes does, & have been using it since Powertrax 2.1 came out That was such a long time ago). Lots of changes to software & equipment since then. For my single with backing gigs I find that MIDI lets me customise all parts of the backing track using a PC, & played through a decent Yamaha keyboard synth, gives me the backing that I like, & that my audience (generally) likes.

Don't really care how others use BIAB, or what they use it for. I know how & why I use it. That is what is important. You don't like MIDI, use RT, don't like RT, use MIDI. YMMV, we are all different.

BTW - totally agree with all the different reactions to midi sounds, cos there are none. The same MIDI information will be processed differently by all synths. You don't like the sound, don't blame the information, look at the equipment.

Just my 0.02c worth

Simon
Canberra Australia