Quote:

.....I am having fun with a couple new VSTs. I apply one to the Soloist voice for the current song. I want this VST to be in effect for the next song, but its not. I have to set it up over again.

Speaking only of the VSTs and VSTis, you can save that manually by using the 'save group' button on the 'vst/dx synths/plugins' window. This saves your configuration for all four mixer slots in a .tgs file.

To check it, open the mixer and click on the 'none' button on the track you want to start with, load your vsti and select a voice for it, load a pg effect in the second slot just for play, then hit the 'save group' button. Give it a long descriptive file name, make a sub folder named after the track you're working on (example Bass)and save it. Now click on 'none' to un-load all you've just done, then click on 'load group' find the file you just saved and see it load everything back just like you saved it.

So, I say =Bring Back The Combo! One way to do this would be to put a couple of buttons down by the 'combo' spot (on the 'vst/dx synths/plugins') that saves and loads all the mixer tracks just like the song or mgu file does. A little added gravy would be to also have the old combo drop down but it would just load the config file the user assigned to each combo group (we could have an icon for a 'swing band', 'jazz band', etc.

Also, biab could (optionally) open the last used combo on startup (it pretty much does that already for the main vsti).