Robh,

My DAW is a "stand-alone" DAW workstation, its the Roland VS2480 (I have 3 of them). I don't do any transfers from one software to another within the computer.

Back when BIAB was MIDI only, I use to export as MIDI file into Sonar. In Sonar, I would "groove quantize" all the tracks then play the tracks through a sound module and record its output digitally into the Roland DAW. Still, it was 2 tracks at a time (L & R of stereo digital out).

99.9% of BIAB use today are Real Tracks, but the amount of time required to transfer digital tracks into my Roland DAW is still about the same. With all MIDI I don't have to sync my tracks in the DAW but I still have to "groove quantize" my tracks. With Real Tracks, I don't have to "groove quantize" but I still have to visually sync my tracks.

Sync capability will eliminate the need to visually sync my tracks. Biggest advantage for me is to be able listen to additional instruments beyond the 5 part. I just have to change an instrument, solo it, them press "play" on the DAW and BIAB will play the new instrument to audition it. This will be very helpful when I am trying to comp a solo part . . . IF BIAB was sync capable.

Once BIAB becomes sync capable . . . the next step is for BIAB to become a VST "plug-in" for other Windows based DAW. Wouldn't that be nice ??

Ed