Quote:

YIKES!
I just ordered the same one to go with a Yamaha EZ200 MIDI keyboard I just ordered from amazon.
I know some USB/MIDI cables are advertised for $45 or $50 so thought I'd try this one and save a few bucks.
Maybe not such a good idea.

Will see what the experts here recommend.

Are you using a PC or a Mac?
I'm using Windows XP service pack 3 on a Dell desktop.
May make a difference?

Will let you know if mine works when they arrive probably next week.

Carkins

I'm using a PC, running Windows XP Media Center Edition, Serviice Pack 2. Amazon's order page for this item shows it inscribed with a Treble Clef logo, but what they deliver (at least in my case) has a "USB MIDI" logo on it. Supposedly, the one with the Treble Clef logo works, but the one with the USB MIDI logo does not. Like you, I also thought that I'd save some money. I guess that doesn't pay somtimes....

At least this cable cost under 6 bucks. At that price, it's not worth the hassle of returning it. It is still annoying though.

I hope that you make out better than I did. Please report back on which one Amazon sends you, and whether or not it works for you.

Bert

Kawai VPC1 MIDI Controller; Asus A53E Laptop running Windows 7 - 64 bit; BIAB 2017 UltraPlusPak (upgraded from 2014 EverythingPak), running from Laptop's Hard Drive.