Quote:

Quote:

Yes, frozen means "the process of selecting appropriate RealTracks phrases for assembly into the complete song" is completed. This is what takes so long each time you hit play and regeneration is performed. Howver,when you freeze the tracks this is already done and playback will be immediate.

Although it would take a comment from the programmers to confirm, I believe this isn't quite correct. While the calculations to fit the phrases to the song have already been done the bulk of the work remains. The phrases still have to be assembled from the master audio files and any pitch correction and stretching still needs to be done. It'll be faster, for sure, but not immediate.

Paul, I did see you earlier comment here, but I am 99% sure of this response (of course I could be wrong ). But this has been my experience as freezing the tracks was a life saver to my show providing immediate playback when frozen (~1 sec?). And I do believe this has been confimed by Peter in the past. Heck, give it a try and see.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper