Quote:

I'm new to iphone and very much on a learning curve. With the Band in a Box app that Matt referred to in his first post, does this mean that I can download my BIAB songs from my PC and play them back on the iphone?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Yes, but not really. You do not download the BIAB files to your device, and play them as BIAB viles, with accompaniment generated by the IOS device. What you are doing basically is rendering the BIAB files to audio files (done on your oomputer), and transfer the audio files to the IOS device for playback. Being audio files, they are no longer configurable--cannot be transposed, tempo cannot be changed, etc.

One could do the same thing without the BIAB mobile app, by rendering BIAB files to audio within desktop BIAB, then transferring them to the mobile device with Itunes, and playing them back on the device with Itunes. Some result--perhaps a fwe more steps involved--may be worth the 99 cents to do that in less steps.

I am hoping that BIAB will come out with a truly mobile version, that will work totally in the mobile device and not be dependent on the desktop, although hopefully it could use the same file formats to transfer files between desktop and mobile. Of course RealTracks and RealDrums would not be possible with current mobile devices, but BIAB worked great for decades before RT and RD, including on computers much less powerful and with much less storage than current mobile devices. (I was using BIAB back in 1989 on DOS computers,. back when all storage was on floppy drives, with the 186 processors.)