bjbear, my EXPANDED styles will solve your problem.

John, We've done a number of fake books, and the songs that require a chord on a beat and the upbeat before that very same beat are plentiful. Without looking in the books, a few examples of songs that need EXPANDED styles immediately come to mind,
  • Jailhouse Rock (Elvis P),
  • You Really Got Me (Kinks),
  • Sunshine Of Your Love (Cream),
  • Don't Get Around Much Anymore (Ellington),
  • Old Deuteronomy (from Cats),
  • Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend (Marilyn Monroe),
  • Mamma Mia (ABBA),
  • The River Of Creams (Billy Joel),
  • Masquerade (from Phantom),
  • I Only Want To Be With You (Dusty Springfield),
  • Problems (Everly Brothers),
  • Mercy Mercy Mercy (Cannonball Adderly),
  • Yesterdays (Jerome Kern & Otto Harbach),
  • All Around The World (Lisa Stansfield),
  • Frankenstein (Edgar Winter),
  • After The Love Has Gone (Earth Wind & Fire),
  • Baby What A Big Surprise (Chicago),
  • Sir Duke (Stevie Wonder),
  • Dock Of the Bay (Otis Redding),
  • and so on and so on.

You asked for a list, John. Here it is.

Having a chord on the beat and on the upbeat before that very same beat is extremely common in Rock, Jazz and Country music songs. This is the main reason why I invented EXPANDED styles in the first place. Plus I've had a large number of songs that need more than 4 chords per measure, and a couple that actually need all 8.

My EXPANDED styles simply let you do songs that would be impossible to do with the 'normal' styles published by PG and Norton. My styles do not replace any BiaB styles, the add to the available songs you can do and therefore enhance and support the BiaB experience.

If you need them and think they are worth the money, by all means enjoy them, if you don't need them then feel free to ignore them.

Notes

Last edited by Notes Norton; 02/15/12 10:09 AM.

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks