Thanks Peter!

This sounds exciting. None of this was available when I first tried loops. They were more like a static collage.

I've used BiaB and PTPro for years and always assumed that RealBand was a combination of the two. So I never paid much attention to it. Seems like that may have been erroneous thinking.

I tend to run separate apps instead of the all-in-one app. Smaller menus with fewer sub and sub-sub menus (so I keep my hands off the mouse and on the synth keys more), less clutter, and more intense concentration on each task.

I remember dumping a sequencer/DAW because there were sometimes 4 sub-menus and I'd have to click-click-click-click to perform an action that I did often. Not only was that a time waster, my mouse finger was getting an RSI! (I won't mention any names because that was long ago and they may have fixed the menus.)

I guess R.Band has some nifty additional features that neither BiaB or PTPro has. I'm excited. It seems like a new tool/toy!!! I'm ready for a new adventure. Is there a link to the exclusive features of R.Band?

New computer is ordered (custom configured to keep the bloatware off and install more RAM) so I'll probably wait until it comes in to start the adventure. February and March are our two busiest gigging months as well. Not many days off (and that's a good thing because the slow season follows)

So, when the new ThinkPad arrives, do I just drag and drop the BiaB and RB folders to the new computer?

If so, where should I drop them? I've been told not to put them in the program files folder.

Any suggestions?

(You may make a convert out of me yet).

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks