Quote:

Kenny just happened to be at the right place at the right time and knew the right people. Or perhaps he just has better hair

Kenny Gorelik also had chops back when he played with Jeff Lorber. Unlike today when all he does is show off his circular breathing in EVERY ^#*@^#%^ SONG!!!

I went to see him when he first left Lorber at a beautiful venue here in Cleveland called The Front Row (since razed for a shopping strip mall). It was in the round, only 26 rows, with a revolving stage. Great seat anywhere you were, and awesome sound. I went with 2 other sax players. During the 4th song, I leaned to one of them and said "He already played this lick, but in a different key. 4th song and he is out of ideas already?" As if someone pointed at us and said "Action!" we all stood up and walked out. Coincidently when he was on the part of the stage that was facing us, and he HAD to see my slight "no" shake of the head and the disgusted look on my face.

400 or so measures and already repeating licks? Waste of money for us.

Kenny, if you are reading, you are a fine technician. I am impressed by the circular breathing thing. I can't do it. I wish I could. I wish my fingers moved like yours do. Just don't do it in every song.

You are also the whitest cat in America playing what is supposed to be a soulful instrument. Stop playing with your fingers and try playing with your heart.

That is all.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.