I know what you're saying Eddie. One of my organ hero's is Brian Auger. I love his rocking style, completely different from the jazz cats like Jimmy Smith or Joey D but I love those guys too. It's my other side I guess. I learned Auger's versions of Compared to What and Freedom Jazz Dance basically note for note years ago and performed Compared To What for years. Still a fun version to play. Freedom is a bit too out there for a lot of my gigs. I found a bunch of videos of him on Youtube from his old stuff to the 2011 Namm show demoing a new keyboard. Same licks over and over and I learned them already. He's good, fast, has a great jazz/rock feel but same o same o. Dissapointing, I really thought he was more than that. He's a schooled player I'm sure he can do more but must feel his fans don't want to hear it. Kenny G probably feels the same. He's now one of the morning DJ's on KJazz here in LA along with David Benoit. He will name drop with the best of them, talks about how he got started playing straight ahead and big band stuff and who he's worked with in his intros to songs. Listening to him DJ it's obvious he's been around, he can play anything with anybody but he's gone to the bank in his niche and that's where he feels he needs to be in a public performance. Sad to say but you and I are not the ones paying his bills.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.