Hi Bob, I use BIAB to record all of my demos... The ones that are actually picked up by publishers are usually re-cut by them. That's the case with this one... I rarely sing on the studio demos. I'm a pretty good singer, (former artist with Mercury and Warner Bros) but I'm not as 'country' as the publisher usually wants...They liked my voice on this one so I did the singing on the re-cut as well.

You can get some very nice demos using BIAB. I've pitched a lot of BIAB songs and had wonderful success with them. The key is in taking your time and making as good a demo as you can. All of the writers here pitch demos that are practically masters. The competition just demands it.

The 'union's are very powerful as well. Once a publisher picks up a song, they'll re-cut it as a 'union' demo session. That about doubles the cost of the demo. I get by just fine by doing everything myself.

"Father Daughter Lullaby" was all studio musicians. I have two other examples on here though that are all BIAB. Check them out. I'll be pitching them soon... I'd say, use BIAB for your demos and then if a publisher picks up a song, let them spring for the 'union' demo!