Thank you very much for replies and advice.

If its ok I would like to seek your advice on another problem though really I should probably start a new thread, but I don't want to have a lot of different threads going as it may affect other posters.

I don't have a studio and just use my main computer as my DAW, I have 2 different pairs of speakers hooked up, one logitech 5.1 (though I do have it switched to 2 speakers) for listening to multimedia from the internet, playing cd's etc.

The other pair are an old goodman set I had that I hooked up to my m-audio usb interface and I use those for DAW work etc.(they are sort of behind the monitor due to lack of space, but that is not my main problem.

The problem is how do I calibrate them correctly for playback? I spent hours mixing and then exporting the mixdown but when I opened it in windows media player which plays it thoguh the logitech it was really really bassy, the goodman speakers have 3 controls volume, bass and treble and I have bass and treble set at approx 1 o' clock. Commerical recordings play fine thoguh the logitech, so I take it its the goodmans that are not setup properly, if indeed that is possible with them.

Do I just adjust the treble and bass more on the goodmans so that a commerical recording sounds sort of similar on both sets of speakers?

Do proper monitor speakers have the above controls volume bass and treble and would I get anything for less than say $200 if I do decide to buy?

Thanks very much again for your patience with me.

ps Just an afterhtought on this, since its even possible to edit the eq in the mixer in the computer itself for the logitech speakers this will probably even make them poor references.

Musiclover

Last edited by musiclover; 06/05/12 01:27 PM.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile