Here is my latest song and this time I added harmony, lol. I will post the instruments tomorrow, I forgot to write them down. The lead vocal has no pitch corretion; here are the steps used to create The harmony in Melodyne. The instruments include

As promised here are the instruments.

1122 Acoustic Bass
826 Finger Picking Acoustic Guitar
830 Electric Guitar Rhythm
829 Electric Guitar Rhythm
831 Acoustic Piano
Real Drums Nashville Classic Waltz HH SD ST RD SN

The steps to create it were as follows

1. took a copy of lead vocal and correct pitch 100% (did not use the corrected vocal in the mix as I was trying to create a wider space between the harmonies and a more realistic feel.
2. made 2 copies of it one raised 3rd the other 6th
3. once the harmonies were done i added random pitch, and offset timing in between 1/8 1/16 1/32 notes throughout.
4. hand moved individual notes randomly to hit ahead of lead vocal and then the other back of lead vocal randomly.
5. trick I used to get the spacious sound for the harmonies was to put the reverb effect on the actual channel strip. I then added a group bus and ran the harmonies to it. What that created was a very wet harmony and then another completely dry version so to my ears made it sound as though there are more than 2 voices.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know what you think of the song and the harmonies. Thanks!

My Redeemer Lives

Last edited by PgFantastic; 06/22/12 07:53 PM.

My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.