Quote:

You've really polished it one up since I last heard it. It gleams now!

Thanks Noel - hard to believe 3 yrs have gone. Glad you think it's an improvement- it needed it.
Quote:

melodic tussle between the two solo instruments

Perhaps the fiddle (midi) does not belong at all. I'll have to do some more thinking. I was aiming for something folkie like Jim Croce . . . Bobby would be fine. The harmonica was definitely Real . . .me! A bit of ear candy.

When I started submitted to Taxi on and off for 3 years, maybe ten years ago, Verse-Chorus form was just breaking in and it was suggested that I change the AABA to a chorus for each verse. Now , while AABA was the form when I started writing in the mid-sixties a la Beatles early form, it was natural a feeling. As far as Country goes the AABA is back in vogue. . . for now.

I find it easier to write from my perspective if I use the second person to try and relate to the listeners who identify with my experiences. It's nothing I set out to do . . . it just takes over subtly as the story unfolds.

Thanks for taking the time to let me hear your thoughts.

Ian . . . What kind of winter is it so far? (Boy that sounds weird!) It's about 30C here today.

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
My gene pool needs more chlorine.