Howdy Folks,

Just put this song together last night, and did some minor tweaking today.

It uses a couple of Real Tracks (pedal steel, and a midi bass that was patched over to a Real Track and drums). I can post the specific styles and RT references I used later (it is on my music PC upstairs and I'm at my work computer downstairs at the moment).

In terms of other instruments, I used a Taylor 324CE on the rhythym track, duplicated that track, added a little delay to one side, and panned each of those tracks hard left and right. There is also a Fender Strat playing during the 8-bar instrumental break.

My vocals are still a weakness (prolly always will be) and I was wondering if anyone thinks they are too "hot" in the mix. I am tempted to reduce the gain and/or volume. Any advice you have with the song, or any part of the mix would be great.

FWIW - my wife just commented that she liked the first song I did (the other day) better than this one. Sometimes our music tastes and preferences differ, so I'm not taking her comment too seriously. I do encourage her honest opinions.

I kinda like this project, in that I feel I have stepped up my skills a tad bit using the BIAB program. Also, wifey was quick to point out that both songs (River of Timeand now Comes A Time), both use 'Time' as a theme. DOH! I promised her, and you my fellow forumites, that I will focus on other subject(s) in the future!

And now the link:

Comes A Time

Thanks for your input and comments!

Living in The Music City