I echo everything that has been said John. Sometimes we deliberately avoid cliche's because they're well, cliche's. Nothing new there, move on etc. Many times they're cliche's because they're true and this is one of those.

One of many organizations here in LA is called the Amanda Foundation. It's run out of several vet's offices. They rescue dogs from the shelters and keep them until they're adopted. Doesn't matter how long that takes. We got a beautiful 6 month old blonde shelty terrier mix 18 years ago and named her Mandy. Like you I had to put Mandy down two years ago at about 16 1/2. My lady couldn't do it, I had to. She didn't want another dog until we were having brunch last year at a nice hotel at the beach with outside seating. Next to us was a table of about 6 people and 3 or 4 dogs. We started chatting and it turns out one lady was a vet who owned a clinic right in our neighborhood and she said one of the staff had a very nice female jack russell she had to get rid of because she already had 5 dogs. Well guess what we now have Peanuts, all 10 pounds of her. She's not Mandy(and every time I see her picture I miss her), they're completely different but a real sweetheart in her own right. You know this John, they have a way of getting to you, just give them the chance.

And, post here a lot. Please email me if you want to chat. Most of us here are old enough that we've all suffered personal tragedies but to lose your soul mate is the worst right next to losing a child. We got through it and you will too. It's good that you're comfortable enough with us to post your plea here. You know you will be treated with respect and compassion. Keep posting.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.