I just got a lab (yellow) 8 week old female. Very therapeutic. We went for a drive yesterday and it was warm, I had the windows down, she was sitting calmly on my knee. I realized I sat through two left turn cycles because I was just petting her and didn't care about anything else.

If anyone was behind me I would have got the horn, but oh well.

I'm with the other guys in this. I'm rearranging the house so she can't get at kleenex, and I'm making little beds, buying pull toys, and spoiling her the best I can.

I vote for a puppy too. Takes up lots of time. I got lucky, somehow she's trained, though I did use what tricks I knew. Got up at 4 a.m. to go outside though, and my wife was unhappy because I had her on the bed beside me, but as soon as she calms down, she gets down on the towel bed beside me and goes to sleep.

The first day we had to have a shower together, I think leaving mom and 5 other puppies was scary. But labs and water. I'll try and figure out how to post a picture, I once knew.

When I play the piano she sits with her head on my foot, going up a down with the pedal, and fell so hard asleep after my dozen times through "They can't take that away from me...", that she's still there and hour after I quit, sound asleep by the pedal, after I extracted my foot.

When she gets up I'm sure she's going to continue to try and take my shoe off to play with it. That was funny.

Yup, a puppy was what I needed, got her Sunday. I'm smiling and taking pictures. My grandson told her she's to call me papa john, that was also a very funny moment. He asked her if she liked some cartoon on TV too. A 3 year old and a puppy will cure anything.

Fionn and Honey.

John Conley
Musica est vita