Quote:

G'day John,
I haven't piped up before 'cos so many others were already there, but a thought has occurred to me that I think is worth sharing:

I cannot imagine what you are facing or going through, but I do have a good mate who has been alone pretty much all his life. It is terrifying seeing how his personality disintegrates every so often from the sheer loneliness of his life. The reality is that though he craves company he also inhibits it by his behaviour, learned defense responses to hurts I guess.

PLEASE, please don't allow yourself to travel that path. I'm not particularly a "doggie" person, although we do allow ourselves to be owned by a cat, so I can't really comment on the value of getting another dog, but I can advise you to make sure you never allow yourself to disconnect from people around you. I think you already know that as evidenced by your reaching out here, but an online relationship is no substitute for having someone physically close.

You have a real advantage over my mate, he couldn't play a note if his life depended on it, whereas you have a skill that is welcomed by most people - you make music. I can't think of anything better than getting involved in a local group (or ten) of musos and entertaining people.

One group I play with is called "Big Band Therapy", and believe me, therapy it is - both for us and our audiences

Be blessed mate, be shaped but not brought down by your past and present, and look forward to the next adventure.

You are right on Lawrie. I see myself sort of able to slip that way. Sort of getting caught up in the blues.I have a couple things I will be doing that I haven't been able to do before:
1.Going to a church(Unity) that I really enjoyed but had to stop because I couldn't leave Lucy home & too hotin the car.
2. There's a local Flea Mkt were musicians get together on Sat & Sun & play.I've played a couple of times and although the music is not quite up to what I'm used to,the people are all really wonderfull. I just separate the two.
3. If I find myself settling in here, remember this is not were I'm from & is sort of alien to me, I will be getting a dog again.I've already been sort of fantasizing about it.Maybe pat's dog and I will be connected.Fate will dictate.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php