This was posted before, but needs to come up again.

Back a while, I wrote a song called What If It Was Love. It was one of my first attempts with Real Band. The link to the file on Soundcloud was posted and it got a lot of plays and some positive feedback.

Enter Rog, from here on the forums. Rog teaches and plays, and some of his students also sing with his band. Rog heard that song and asked if I would mind if his BGV girls added some harmony. I told him he was welcome to go for it.

In the process, I loaded that song back into RB, exported all tracks to individual WAV files, zipped them into a more manageable size, and sent them to him via one of the "send big mail" sites. He took the file down, unzipped, loaded it into his software, had the girls add the BGV, and then sent it all back to me. He had also added some tasteful guitar fills. I unzipped it, imported the WAV files back into RB, did some mixing, and came up with the finished product.

I should mention that I am in Ohio and Rog (and The Bluebelles) are in England.

Yet another reason why I love technology. One of my friends heard the remix and asked where the girls came from. I just smiled and said "Oh, they're in England." And of course I had to tell the story again, but this is just another great example of how technology flattened the world.

I sent him another song about 10-12 days ago, and they added BGVs again. Thsi time, via email, I asked "Could they do it again and try...." That was done in a day or two, the tracks were again exchanged, and the final product was mixed last night. Taking his adds and adding it to the existing made it "a song".

The next project is that one of the girls really likes one of my other songs and wants to take a run at it as a solo. Once again my reply "Go for it. Have a hit with it! And I can FINALLY say I got a song on the radio." Those files went to him in England overnight. Very anxious to hear what Jessie has in mind for it.

Man, I LOVE this stuff!!!

What If It Was Love (redo)

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.