My friend loves BIAB and has been telling me to buy it for years. Finally with BIAB having some of its new features I went to buy the $149 basic version Sunday. However at the last minute after filling out a few screens I decided not to make the purchase. Here are my reasons.

** I had a version of CakeWalk that came with my Machine purchase and I tried to do overdubbing on my machine and it would not work and I never resolved it (their support did not assist).

** BIAB has no 30 day trial and I normally only buy software, which has a trial (operating system excepted). To me it is very strange that BIAB does not have a trial to ensure that overdubbing and midi is working.

** Yes Pgmusic says I can return it if I do not like the product but they do not say how long it takes to get my money back (big difference) and I like to see hard evidence that a company stands behind their return policies such as the lineup at the Wallmart return desk (return time depends on the lineup size only). I find it hard to believe an online software sales company will return their product 100% free of hassles when the user could just keep using the product. They would be ripe for abuse unless they have a call home to mother feature like MultiCharts has so they could cut off the use. I have MultiCharts and trust me, we are better off with a free trial feature than an on-line call home to mother feature.

I don’t suppose there is someone out there running the basic $149 BIAB/RB install on this machine.

Thanks,
John

46.6 gig free disk space (should be enough for the basic $149 package I figure)

Motherboard: MSI K9VGM-V
AMD Athlon 64 X 2 Dual
core processor 3600+
1.90 GHz
2.00 GB of Ram Physical address extension.
Running XP Pro Corp with 3rd SP installed.

Device Manager sound:
Audio codecs
Realtek High definition audio

I do not have a midi driver installed for midi input yet but windows C:\WINDOWS\Media .mid files will play.

I realize this is less likely to be important but here it is just incase.
3 monitor setup with the video on the mother board disabled and replaced by these two PCI cards:
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6200
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles