This question is the same as one posted by Notes Norton way back in February. I don't know if all the folks who were struggling back then eventually solved their problems, but I have not! And neither have a couple of my band mates. We are all a bit frustrated because we used to swap a lot of files amongst ourselves for pre-rehearsal purpose.

Here are the circumstances:

Band-in-a-Box 2012.5 Audiophile on external drive
My BB files stored on main drive of laptop in Libraries/Music Library/My Music/BAND-IN-A-BOX FILES/(One of about 40 sub headings and then the full tune name.
Windows 7
64 bit laptop computer

When you select a tune from within BB, it works fine.

I would prefer my normal setting to be: Opt, Preferences, At Program Boot up..., Open previous song. And also the box ticked "Boot up in the directory of the last session", otherwise it all takes too long to run BB from the external drive.

As I said in the topic heading, I cannot open a BB tune directly from Explorer, Search in Explorer, from an email, or from another website. I used to be able to do that with no problems whatsoever. But I think the problem started somewhere around 2011, maybe earlier. I have just been copying and pasting but sheeesh!

I printed out the first four pages of the previous question and have tried all the suggested solutions, namely:

File, File Utilities, Associate File types. (I also tried removing the previous file associations before I associated them)

I also got a message first saying with Windows 7 you had to change the User Account Control Setting. I did that but I would prefer the setting to be the way it was, i.e. Always notify. But changing did allow me to remove and associate. The BB message said something about "true", which did not make sense to me.

Tried changing the startup preference to "Do not open song or style."

I thought once that I had solved the problem but it turned out to be a one-off fluke.

I (we!) do not know what else to try and it is very frustrating.

Maybe the problem has been solved, or I did not persevere long enough with the original question, but it’s too long ago to now go back.

Any suggestions anyone?

Grah Jive Talk
"Don't worry baby, they'll swing their arses off."