I and others have been asking for Rewire for a long time. It is one of the few Wishlist items to which PG have responded, saying that "they are looking into it."

Now I have an immediate personal reason. My workflow consists largely of working in BIAB and Propellerhead Reason (currently version 6.02, soon to be 6.5.1). Until now I have avoided using Real Band in favor of Nuendo just because I have it. However, it's a twelve-year-old version that I can't even run on my new DAW. (No parallel port for the dongle.)

Here's the thing. Reason doesn't use plugins, period. It also has no MIDI out. Real Band does both, comes bundled with my sparkly new version of BIAB, and does run on the new DAW. Unfortunately, RB and Reason don't talk to each other.

Rewire in PG Music products would be the best of all possible worlds. I have provided my and Propellerhead's rationale elsewhere. Briefly, it would allow PG products to talk to all major sequencers, streaming audio between using fewer resources than simply running the two programs together, and sharing a single set of transport controls. (For PG developers, Reason currently runs as a slave only.)

The Rewire SDK is free and support is provided by Propellerhead. It's a win all around. For them as wants an introductory technical understanding of Rewire, THIS LINK will get you started.

Having just bought BIAB 2012.5, Rewire is the only thing I can think of that would make me upgrade again.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."