Quote:

Sure, I'd rather play "Prokofiev's 4th symphony", "Night In Tunisia", "Hotel California", "Sway", "Desifinado", "Beginnings" (Chicago), "Straight No Chaser", "Another Star", "Marche Slave", "Isle of the Dead", "Some Skunk Funk", "Locomotive Breath", "Danse Macabre", "You Can't Lose What You Never Had", "Layla", or a number of other songs, and there are plenty of songs on each gig that I really want to play, so if I need to play something corny, I just put on my corny 'hat' and have fun with it, if I need to play something worn out, I just try to play it as if it were still fresh and have fun with it.

Very well said Notes. I've done that many times, you have to give some to get some back.

Mick, I mentioned that killer sax player Andy Suzuki. He told me that about 15 years ago he got the Muzak gig at their office in Hollywood. He's the arranger and sax player you hear on all that elevator music and he did it for over 10 years. He didn't even think about the concept of selling out or anything like that. He said he will be eternally grateful for that opportunity because he was on a regular corporate salary with benefits like anybody else in their offices, his work schedule was very flexible and it allowed him to develop his solo career.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.