Quote:

Quote:

Our heaviest object is probably about 40 pounds or less.

Have you noticed the mathematical relationship between your age and the weight of your gear? I have!

Most definitely, although I'm not sure of the exact equation or formula. And also as the band shrunk to a duo, and there were fewer arms to lift things, lighter gear got more attractive.

My old speaker system consisted of a sub-woofer cab with 2 - 12" speakers and it was built out of 1/2" wood plus two satellite mid/tweets. It sounded great but that 60 pound woofer became a pain in the back to lift - I do one-nighters. Leilani is strong and helps, but being the bigger person, I bear the heaviest loads.

My new speakers have 15" woofers and a mid/high horn in the same enclosure. Plastic enclosures and Neodymium magnets - 32 pounds each. Much better.

My rack with the mixer, couple of sound modules, sonic maximizer and FX unit weighs a little bit more than one of the speaker cabs. The power amp is in a separate rack case, and it has wheels attached, so I stack them and they wheel in.

Doing one-nighters means balancing the weight of each item vs. the number of trips back and forth to the van. I unload the van, put things on the carts and Leilani wheels them in. Then as I come in, the customers who don't see me unloading the van (the heavy work) sometimes think Leilani does all the work. We both have a good sense of humor, so I tell them that "Luggin' and totin' is women's work" in my best exaggerated hillbilly accent. Then Leilani will usually add that unloading the van is a lot more work than wheeling the stuff in.

I don't mind bringing the gear in but for some reason, it's heavier on the way out.

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks