Great story.
I was just thinking this morning of starting a thread about "The great one that never was" and talking about someone famous you got to play with or work with that never turned into anything for one reason or another.

My story I was thinking about-
I got a call out of the blue from a guy near Detroit that goes by the name of JonWax. I had done some work for him previously.
He had some recordings done by MC Breed in his studio and wanted help finishing the songs. (If you don't know MC Breed you can WIKI him, worked with people like 2Pac or Tupac). I see the WIKI mentions the last recordings at the bottom of the article now .. that wasn't there last time I looked. Not sure how many of those recordings Jon did, but he had me work on a few of them.

Anyway, after his death JonWax wanted to get those final recordings finished and released and make his wife the recipient of the money. If you read the article you'll find that child support was not Eric's strong point and JonWax wanted to make up for this. (I assume this is what Eric wanted also after hearing the recordings)
The recordings are very moving and would have opened a whole new audience. His illness had definately changed his outlook on life. It was actually kind of a whole new sound too, very unique.

Why did it not happen (yet)? I was told he was was under contract when the recordings were done and they refuse to cooperate. So some great music that could have helped a needy family in Flint is now sitting in a home near Detroit with a lot of investment and work done but not published.
I had high hopes for that project. Not for me, but for his family.

Last edited by rharv; 09/30/12 07:08 AM.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome